Thursday, August 12, 2004

The plan

Ok, so I have all sorts of ideas that are coming to me while I am attempting to type notes from a book I need for my diss. Assimilation is so karaoke-inspirational somehow. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I am listening to my downloads - most of which are on my playlist for my or someone else's karaoke benefit. I guess my karaoke benefit is your karaoke benefit. Anyway.

So, I have some plans for my blog. The problem is that I am not very computer savvy. I wanted to do a little sidebar with cutesie things and links to other blogs, but I haven't figured that out yet. But someday, I'll do that. Also, I am thinking of doing karaoke-related polls. For example, I'll invite people to vote on what song I or other karaoke regulars should sing at the next karaoke event. Once I figure out how to do that.

btw, the next soc karaoke fest should be sometime during the last week of August. I hear that Proud Mary himself is all about another night at the kid before he heads back to the karaoke wasteland of NYC. [Maybe I need to clue him into the raucous times that can be had at the Amsterdam Cafe in the Upper West Side. One time while there with Joshie and crew, the super self-absorbed dj guy (who normally plays whatever songs he looks prettiest dancing or singing to) actually picked up a mic and sang backup to my "Sweet Child O' Mine." What a moment!] Anyway, so the next karaoke event needs to happen before he leaves and to celebrate a couple of regulars birthdays (including me!). And, yes, that is a hint for a present. Or free drinks. I mean, and free drinks.

4 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:06 PM  
Blogger dorotha said...

jeremy pretty much taught me how to do stuff to my template through a couple of emails. i will happily pass this knowledge on to you!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Um, yeah, I looked at the template and it was worse than SAS code, with brackets and squiggedly brackets and gobbledy-gook. So, I'd be happy for some help. Maybe that can be my repayment for helping you move, Dorotha!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Whoops about deleting Jeremy's comment! It's not b/c it was too hot for careyoke's millions of readers... It was b/c I was a little clueless about what clicking on a trashcan might do to a comment. Lesson learned.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home