Friday, August 13, 2004

Running list of songs to do

Don't even THINK about doing one of these after reading this without first giving props to careyoke and her crew. I will try to give props where deserved. Feel free to correct me. Oh, and btw, my titles/artists might not always been exactly correct. I'll take advice on those as well. I am already wasting enough time on this blog. I don't want to use any more to look up all of the exact correct artists/titles.

New additions in bold
"I always feel like somebody's watching me," Rockwell (thanks to the Ellen Degeneres show)
"What about love," Heart
"I remember you," Skid Row
"Making love out of nothing at all," Air Supply (in homage to one of Jeremy's papers)
"Jolene," Dolly Parton
"9 to 5," Dolly Parton (I call this one for next time!)
"Reunited," Peaches and Herb (thanks, Jessie J)
Something ridiculous by Babs
"If you want my body (and you think I'm sexy)," Rod Stewart
"On my own," Patti Labelle and Michael McDonald (thanks, Jessie J again)
"We don't have to take our clothes off," Jermaine Stewart (thanks, Jeremy!)
"She thinks my tractor's sexy," Kenny Chesney
"Cool it now," New Edition
"Sexual healing" and/or "Let's get it on," Marvin Gaye
"Sign your name" or "wishing well," Terrence Trent D'Arby
Anything by the Eurythmics
Anything by Destiny's Child/Beyonce (perhaps we should branch out beyond "Survivor")
"Don't it make my brown eyes blue," Crystal Gayle
"After all," Peter Cetera and Cher
Any song in which the title includes the word "Jump" (e.g., by the Pointer Sisters, Van Halen, Criss Cross (Jessie J, again!), House of Pain, etc.)

We also need more J Lo, Britney, Christina, Madonna, Prince, Duran Duran, Avril (Dare I?), Mariah, Celine, Cher, Ponter Sisters, N'Sync/Justin, Lionel Richie, various Jackson family members, Mary J. Blige, Neil Diamond, Stevie Wonder...

6 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

"WDHTTOCO" was by Jermaine Stewart. I Googled to find this out, but only because I wanted to see if "drink some cherry wine" and hitting I'm Feeling Lucky would yield the answer. It did.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"WDHTTOCO" falls into that category of: Songs of the 80s sung by gender-bending-but-not-on-purpose singers. I swear i always thought that song was sung by a woman until about a month ago when i saw something about it on VH1. Other singers that belong in this category are Alison Moyette of Yaz ("Situation," "Don't Go") who i thought was a guy for a really long time, and the lead singer of the Bronski Beat ("Turn Away") who is a man, but i always thought was a woman until recently.
-Jessie J.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Ooh, thanks for the info. Fixing this post and adding a couple of new songs!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would also have to add Tracy Chapman ("Fast Car") into the list of gender-bending-but-not-on-purpose singers. Fast Car is the only song of hers that I know but I am sure that she has others that would make me equally confused on gender. The name doesn't help much either...

- Even Flow

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a new suggestion...a duet even: Salt n Pepa's "Push It." Actually, it's a prime candidate to be a song for which we sign up somebody else without their prior knowledge. Heh.

Also, maybe you should try to put the running song list on your sidebar (see Jeremy's fave word list). It might be a little ambitious for now, but something to shoot for. - Jessie J.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Good idea. I'll try that soon!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home