Monday, November 19, 2007

Why would you tag me?

Not only am I rather boring but I also swear that I have told you *everything* about me. I will try, but this isn't going to be pretty.

1. I repeat my stories a lot. Whatever I like them. And so should you.

2. I wish that I had dropped out of the sociology program a long time ago and gone to school for as MSW or something so that I could be a therapist. You knew that though, right?

3. I am not good with kids. I can't believe I'm having one. They scare me. I only babysat a couple of times for an actual baby, and even then, it was with my sister Rachel. We were not so great at it. There was a huge fiasco involving lots of peanuts, an incredibly gross diaper, and nothing to wipe it up with except for cotton balls - and Rachel on the phone trying to call my mom (while my mom was actually walking down the street to where we were) and me running around the house for wipes/paper towels/leaves/anything to wipe the baby with (yes, leaving the baby unattended and not at all strapped down on the changing table). And you already heard that story.

4. I don't actually want to work at all. I want to be a stay at home mom. I hate working. I don't think there's much of anything out there that I like enough to keep me interested for very long (except, perhaps, other people's problems). And I have no ambition whatsoever. I don't think this is actually all that new to anyone who bothers to read my blog when I occasionally bother to blog.

5. My mom voluntarily taught field hockey at my grade school for girls in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. She basically started the whole thing and I believe it stopped when she stopped doing it. She started when I was in 2nd grade, and I got to play with the older girls. My mom would never make me play a particular position when I was really young. She'd call me a "rover" and I'd run everywhere trying to get the ball. I was incredibly competitive and threw myself into every piddly little game we played on the softball field (b/c, see, there was no field hockey field). But, you see, I was also kind of bratty about it and, if someone stole the ball from me, I'd often hit them in the butt with my stick and, at times, act like the fouled me and throw myself on the ground screaming and crying. I could have taught those soccer folks a thing or two. You are not surprised - particularly since you heard about my old racquetball battles with Robyn.

6. I am not interesting at all. I have had the most boring, Brady Bunch life ever. But that's pretty much fine by me. I love my husband. I am excited/nervous/crazy about the bun in my oven. I love my little family. And I love my husband's family. I also love my friends. I am incredibly lucky/blessed/whatever you want to call it. But, see, again you knew that.

I am tagging Constance. I suspect if you have made it to me, you are likely to be able to view her blog. So go for it, Connie!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

I too wish I had left the program a long time ago and gotten some other, shorter type of degree!

I too have no ambition!

I'm not good with kids!

Carey, we are one and the same.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Gwen said...

You know you could still quit, right?

Just to point out the obvious.

9:35 PM  
Blogger AK said...

You are so not boring!

I am absolutely positive that you will quickly learn how to be great with kids (at least with your own kid).

And by the way, when are you going to post pictures? I want to see the baby bump!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

First of all, I cannot believe everyone is commenting about this but no one has commented about PLANET UNICORN (blog entry just below). Second and more importantly, sometimes "boring" isn't really "boring"; it's just comfortable and (mostly) happy, and that can be pretty great. I love you, sweetie! (And I read your blog all the time, despite your protestations to the contrary).

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey carey

you're such a sweetie!

i always check your blog for updates and funny odds/ends

1:58 AM  
Blogger AK said...

Oh and Josh, I was already familiar with Planet Unicorn (love it), but didn't want to be all "oh, I knew about that already."

In any case, it's awesome.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home