Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The plague

A couple of weeks ago, Josh and I watched a show on the History Channel about the plague. You may be aware that I have kind of an obsession with gross diseases. I guess I am kind of morbid. I don't know. It's just all fascinating. But now...it's hitting a little too close to home.

Last week, Josh had a cough and cold. It appeared that he gave them to me except that I had them much worse - with a fever (quite mild: 99/100) that just wouldn't go away all week. He took a couple days off work; I took the whole week off. He seemed better by the weekend; I seemed mostly better by the weekend. We cleaned/disinfected our entire apt for Evan and Julie's arrival on Saturday.

Josh felt fine performing in his 3 shows (Urinetown in Greenbelt, MD) this weekend. But then after his last show of the weekend (the Sunday matinee), he starting complaining that he couldn't take deep breaths/his chest hurt when he breathed. He woke up Monday morning with a 100.5 fever (after never having a temperature above 98 last week). He went to the doctor and it turns out he now has PNEUMONIA! Yes. Pneumonia. What the hell! And so Evan and Julie are still here (religiously taking their Airborne) and Josh is half-dead in bed. And it is insane. I'm supposed to leave for PAA tomorrow. I feel horrible leaving him (and scared I am on my way to catching it from him). Lord. What the hell. My icky disease fascination is biting me in the butt. Take your favorite sickness-preventative vitamin/mineral/herb. Try to steer clear of me - and probably Evan and Julie too when they get back home!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

I read "The Great Influenza" recently and it really freaked me out about the flu and pneumonia. Don't read it.

What kind of show was Josh in?

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sucks carey! i hope that josh is feeling better soon -- like before PAA!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home