Saturday, August 14, 2004

Milli Vanilli

How could I have not thought of this before?! Milli Vanilli would be a perfect karaoke/careyoke addition! And there are so many options. There's "Girl you know it's true," with it's fantastic speaking part in the beginning: "...And I realized it really means a lot to me. You mean a lot to me..." She responds, "I really mean that much to you?" "Girl, you know it's true." Boom! Boom! Boom! Insane keyboards, and we're off! Or "Blame it on the rain," which my friend Mandy (Mando Calrissian) used to always sing wrong as "Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah! Blame it on the flowers in the sun," back in 8th grade. And then, the slow song "Girl, I'm gonna miss you" that even my mom liked. I think my oldest sister actually put that on a mix tape for her. Ooh, mix tapes! "Mum's songs," it was called. It also had other gems such as "I wanna know what love is," by Foreigner and "To all the girls I loved before" by Neil Diamond and Willie Nelson (another good one!) And, I hate to say it, but I'm sure that "Wind beneath my wings" was on it too. But I digress... And then there's "All or nothing" and "Baby, don't forget my number" (thanks, Jessie J, for reminding me of that one!).

So, whatever I/we (royal or otherwise) decide, there are some other things that are necessary to pull off this whole Vanilli thing: spandex, braids, and dance moves. At the very least, we have to do the insane jump in the air and smack chests (guts, more likely). Who's up for it? All we have to figure out is who gets to be Rob and who gets to be Fab! (Of course, this would require a moment of silence in respect for Rob. Still very sad.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home