Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Dorotha to perform songs from The Little Mermaid!

On our walk today, I told Dorotha about how my high school band did a pretty pitiful job of playing "Under the Sea" during halftime of football games while standing in fish formation - basically, they were standing as if they were outlining a deformed Goldfish cracker. Kind of pitiful. But, from that stupid story came a shining moment. Dorotha got "Under the Sea" stuck in her head. And then she sang it to me... It was the best rendition of it I'd ever heard! That woman sure can do a serious Sebastian-the-Jamaican-crab impersonation. But that's not all! She also went on to sing that other song...the one about "wish I could be part of that world." Splendid again!

So, anyway, perhaps next karaoke should be an all Disney theme. No, I don't think that's a good idea either. But instead maybe it should be the Double D theme: Dorotha and Disney, together forever. (BTW, Dorotha, I've got the lyrics for you, if you want them.) It could be Dorotha's greatest Disney hits. Because, you know, after this morning's Little Mermaid show, I am sure there are more where those came from.

Well, crappers. If I knew how to do a poll, I'd let you, my avid readers (who are really just me), vote on which Disney songs she should do. Personally, I think a little "Gaston" would be nice. And maybe "Prince Ali." Of course, "Chim-Chim Cheree," "Hakuna Matata," or "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" would be out of this world!

3 Comments:

Blogger dorotha said...

i am more ashamed than you could possibly understand that i even know a single disney song let alone have a whole repertoire in my head. sadly, 'tis true. i can sing many disney tunes. but i hate them all! disney is one of the most evil forces in the world, nay, the very universe!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a bit surprised "Under the Sea" is winning by so many votes at the moment. Wouldn't it be fun to watch Dorotha pull a Julie Andrews with Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious? I, for one, think Dorotha not only would make a great nanny, but already has "rosy red cheeks" and is "practically perfect in every way."

--Joshie

1:31 AM  
Blogger dorotha said...

oh, it's a jolly holiday with you, joshie! thanks!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home