Thursday, September 16, 2004

Getting ready for Kerry-oke

I think all's in order for the Feingold/Kerry fundraiser tomorrow evening, or at least it is Kerry-oke-wise! But, really, Gwen and Mary have taken care of EVERYTHING - including "campaign donation legal-type paperwork" (Feingold Party Invite 2004). What responsible young ladies!

Speaking of Kerry-oke, I am actually not quite as ready as I say I am. Mr. Parsons Project never found (or at least never told me that he found) the microphones. But I don't think we'll have to sing into brushes (though that's fun too). I have asked to borrow mics from the dept and that seems to be all in order. Strangely enough, there isn't a lot of demand for either of the 2 karaoke machines the dept has in its possession. Weird.

But the machine has been tested. Numerous times. Most recently was this morning after Dorotha had her dry socket taken care of (moistened? Isn't dry socket just a myth anyway?). We actually sang (part of) "Sweet dreams (are made of this)" at 8:24 this morning. I kid you not. It's a great way to start the day.

PS: If you didn't know about the fundraiser party but would like to attend, send me an email and I'll give you the details.

2 Comments:

Blogger Belle Reve said...

Sweetest, are you going to give me props for the initial Kerry-oke Koncept?! But seriously, an idea is only as good as the follow through, so THANK YOU for following through.

I have THE Super Schmooze Event of the year tonight starting at 5:00. We're talking Big Wigs and the artists who attend to said hair. But then, then, I will be there with BELLEs on (ha!).

11:10 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

I'm waiting for the recap.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home