Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Kerry-oke?

A fantastic idea was presented to Dorotha, LL, and me today. It was this:

Kerry-oke! A fund raiser for John Kerry!

Wowza! Great idea!

So I am trying to think of how we might accomplish this. I am thinking that the Kid isn't exactly the appropriate (or even feasible) setting for such an event. But my sources tell me that the Alan Parsons Project actually has a kerryoke machine. Now we have to think of a location and timing. We can't conflict with Super G's event next Friday night, of course. Perhaps the following weekend? (After that, I am in DE for sister wedding #1 and then we're getting a little close to the election.) As for location, I am willing to suggest my own abode, but it may be a little on the small side...Any other takers?

I look forward to trying to come up with election-themed songs such as P. Diddy (back when he was Puffy) and co.'s "It's all about the Benjamins" or maybe "Holding out for a hero," but definitely nothing like Beck's "Lost cause" or the Rolling Stones "You can't always get what you want" - unless they are dedicated to W.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home