Tuesday, September 07, 2004

You're my obsession

More evidence of the obsession: I was looking in my desk drawer today and found a list of songs that I had compiled with Jessie J. from about 8 months ago or so (and, notice, the blog has existed for only about 1 month.) While careyoke-ers have done some of them: such as the B52's, Styx, Hot Chocolate ("You sexy thing"), Extreme ("More than words"), the Knack ("My Sharona"), Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, and Belinda Carlisle (great choice, Rhymes-with-Scrabble!), I am rather amazed at how many good ones have been long forgotten in my desk. Groups like Duran Duran (I keep meaning to do a song by them but always forget), Ace of Base (a little "The Sign", anyone? although "All that she wants (is another baby)" might be more easily acted out onstage), Hall and Oates (oooh, "Private Eyes" would be good b/c we could do the claps and dress in trench coats, but Joshie is v. pro-"Maneater" - yes, he who sometimes scoffs at my obsession gets into it as well), the Cars (so many to choose from...), the Go-Go's (duh!), Tiffany (unless "I think I'm a clone now" counts), Corey Hart ("Sunglasses at night" duh again! Although I enjoy the uber-drama of "Never surrender" as well), Soul || Soul (oooh, "Back to [or should it be '||'?] life"), Air Supply (I've been threatening to do a song by them for ages), Culture Club (another total duh by us), INXS (oooh!), and, of course, Patrick "Nobody-puts-baby-in-a-corner" Swayze's hit "She's like the wind." And though not on the original list, that "You're my obsession" song by (I had to look this one up) Animotion would be fantastic too. So many references to butterflies would make for fantastic hand motions!

4 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

I forgot about the duet of you and Jessie doing "More Than Words" (that was you and Jessie, right?). That was a Careyoke Instant Classic right there, although I'm not downloading the song.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

You are correct! But that is sad about your lack of downloading it.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

In high school, my friends and I practiced the harmonies of "More Than Words" more than I care to recall. A horrible piece of "music," that one. But fun. In other news, Carey, you broke my Air Supply secret. Here I was all set to do "All Out of Love," and you snatch it from underneath me!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

It's all yours, Ang! I prefer "Making love out of nothing at all." I die for the line, "And I can make all the stadiums rock!" with heavy metal guitar moment.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home