Monday, September 06, 2004

Getting a little worried

I think I'm obsessed. And not in a healthy way. Actually, I think that I am not alone in my obsession. The other night I had some friends over for margaritas and it basically turned into careyoke. Well, careyoke without the microphones, words, and videos, but much more dancing. So it was pretty close. Also, we didn't take turns letting just one (or a few) person(s) sing. We all performed all the time. Part of this was thanks to Jeremy for vol. 1 of careyoke favorites (and a little part of this was thanks to the margaritas and overwhelming amount of sugar consumed - delicious cake and cookies!), but we didn't stop there. Anything that went in the cd player was soon overpowered by our yell-singing and squealing laughter. I am sure my neighbors have now realized that I am, in fact, a 13-year-old in all ways but years on the planet.

3 Comments:

Blogger dorotha said...

i think there is more evidence than just this one party that you (...okay, WE) are careyoke obsessed. for example, what did we spend yesterday doing? emailing with a certain professor about careyoke classics. what where we talking about last night when we ran into a first year at a coffee shop? upping the ante on our careyoke performances. what are we most likely to talk about on our walk home from school today? most likely careyoke. sure as heck won't be sociology.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Yes. You are right. LOTS of evidence. But I was rather overwhelmed with the number of participants and scope of the ridiculousness on Sat night. I think it may be fair to call it...a phenomenon!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Smartie pants!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home