Friday, August 20, 2004

I need a hero

Or, rather, I need a dancer. Or couple of dancers. You see, the next karaoke event is coming up next week. Maybe Monday. Maybe Wednesday. And I have decided on another song that's on my list (though not on my running list on the blog yet - I'll be working on putting that in my sidebar soon). It's "Maniac" by Michael Sembello. So, of course, I need a dancer (or 2 or 3) to do the requisite Flashdance-type moves in front of me (or to the side or wherever) during my performance. You know. The running in place. And, even better, the flailing around on a chair while water is poured on you. Any takers? I'll be holding auditions in the bathroom at the Kid at say, 8:35 pm, the night of the karaoke event. No prior experience necessary.

But speaking of having dancers and the like, Dorotha suggested on our walk this morning that we start putting a little more effort into the karaoke performances. In fact, I think we should no longer think of them as single performances and instead should think of ways to integrate the various performances into a larger show. Dorotha suggested props, costumes, and choreographed numbers. I say, yesssss! Maybe we can do our own kind of "Moulin Rouge" or "Mamma Mia" (the Broadway musical) type thing in which we integrate a whole series of songs to tell a story. OMG! That would be a karaoke event to be proud of!

4 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

Wigs. I want a wig. I want Jerry in a wig. I want everyone wearing wigs. Maybe with some boas here and there.

11:23 AM  
Blogger dorotha said...

i KNEW there was a reason i bought that bright orange wig a few years ago! how do you think jerry would look in with a bob?

5:20 PM  
Blogger jeremy said...

Wigs! Wigs! Wigs!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

i have a bright yellow harpo marx afro wig, and a pink feather boa. if i remember to bring them from milwaukee, i will wear them both for our duet!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home