Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Them's fightin' words

It sounds like Nina is challenging the sociologists to a karaoke duel. Ummm...she thinks the law students can karaoke better than us?! Whatever! Is my name NOT Careyoke? Are we not beloved by the Kid staff? I would invite them to join us Monday night to school them in the ways of karaoke, but (in addition to the fact that I like to be on stage a lot and don't like to have to wait around too long for my songs to come on) karaoke isn't about competition. It's about love. The love of the performance. The love of the cheese. The love of Rule Two. The love of the booze. The love of the Kid. No one needs to beat anyone's pants off when it comes to karaoke. We can't help it if we're just better than you. We just want to sing! And dance! And act ridiculous(ly)! And wear crazy outfits!

P.S. Thanks, Gwen, for the linking info!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't even look like they know what they're doing. They're all just standing around and not even dancing on stage. Whatevs. Then again, there are some cute boys in those pics...maybe we should invite them afterall :)
JJ

10:27 AM  
Blogger Gwen said...

IF you want to link something, highlight the word and then click on the "link" button on the toolbar of your post (on mine, it's next to the "text color" button, and it's bright green). A box will pop up, and you just type/copy in the web address you're trying to link to. Presto! You've linked.

If I can do it, believe me, you can.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Constance said...

They're cute... cute like babies! I bet they're not even 23. God... I need to graduate and get out of school.

3:03 PM  
Blogger nina said...

I knew I'd get your attention!

Competitive? Me? I look at New Wave Nina with pride here.

They are different in their approach to it, though. I'm not sayin' better, I'm not sayin' worse -- just that there's a different dynamic when they grab the stage. You'd know what I mean if you were there.

Anyway, someday your paths should cross.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

They definitely seem a lot more wholesome then us. W

3:29 PM  
Blogger nina said...

You are correct, but think of it: the evening was billed as a pizza night out with their professor. Only after lots of pizza and drinks did the idea of karaoke come up. They don't know each other and certainly don't know me and yet ---- they let loose and stayed til the place closed. That says a lot, don't you think?

9:39 PM  
Blogger jeremy said...

I would note that the early days of sociology karaoke, with Devah and Jerry and me, were more wholesome. It was sort of like the hayrides from my youth on the farm.

Meanwhile, you should know that I came VERY close to buying a ticket to come to Madison for Saturday through Tuesday, because I do need to do a day or so of business there sometime soon and, so, why not have it overlap with karaoke-with-careyoke?

11:17 AM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Next time I'm thinking of visiting Madison, I'll discuss with you, Jeremy, and we can make it a karaoke reunion of sorts!

It would be so absolutely rockin' if you were there!

We'll do an homage to you instead!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home