Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Nothing all that exciting

Gwen begged me to post. So I am posting. It's not that I have some fabulous life that prevents me from posting. It's actually kind of boring. And I have nothing to say about karaoke (maybe...) which was supposed to be the whole point of this blog. But I'll see what I can do.

Joshie and I just got our wedding video. We've now watched both the ceremony and the reception. It's a little disturbing b/c I was SO CONVINCED that no one in the entire universe has ever had as much fun at a wedding as every single guest had at ours, but the video says something different. In fact, there are a lot of surly looking guests caught on film! Apparently, my bridal glow blinded me from the unhappy folks on our big day. What else should a bridal glow do, I guess? Also, Josh and I have now learned that his I'm-listening-interestedly-to-what-you're-saying face looks remarkably similar to a I'm-dying-of-boredom face. So now I know that he doesn't find my mom's stories painfully dull. At least not all of them.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Those surly looks were just jealousy - they wish they were marrying one or both of you!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Your wedding was AWESOME! The dessert bar was the best thing ever! And it was fun watching your looks of terror as you were hoisted in the chair. People were not surly, they were just all mad they could not monopolize your time. And that they didn't look as pretty as you at THEIR weddings.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Constance said...

Oh my gosh! That is such a hilarious observation! The hazards of videography. Who knew?

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I was intermittantly surly at your wedding, but that was just because the woman who was wearing the exact same dress as me kept following me around and wanting to take pictures together. Despite this, I was determined to have a blast...and I totally did!!
-JJ

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't surly at your wedding! I thought that your wedding was fabulous - everything from the ceremony to your dress (and makeup - which looked amazing) to the music to the food! I am not always happy about cameras (video or otherwise) being shoved in my face, though. They make me uncomfortable, so perhaps I *looked* surly on film. But I wasn't, I swear!

Besides, careyoke, your wedding day is all about YOU (well, and Joshie, of course), not about anyone else. We were all there to show that we love you and make sure that you had the best time ever. You both seemed to have a good time. You looked absolutely beautiful and incredibly happy all night long. That's what matters. Don't let a couple of minutes of movie footage of someone maybe looking less than their happiest ruin it for you - everyone I talked to was having a great time!

-tlb

12:41 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

I had a dream last night that you and Josh had a second ceremony, much like Gwen Stefani and what's-his-face did. Except I had just read an article about Hasidic Jewish weddings, so in my dream, yours was a bit different. Also, I was giving a play-by-play explanation of everything that happened to my race and ethnicity class, which was watching the wedding via video-conferencing. It was really weird.

But no one was surly!

2:51 PM  
Blogger AK said...

What a weird thing to find on your wedding video! When I got home from your wedding I couldn't stop talking about how enthusiastic all the guests were. It was amazing! All the dancing blew my mind. So I think your videographer must have had some sort of grudge or something. Maybe he told offensive stories and then turned on the camera, just so he could make you think people didn't have fun at your wedding. What a jerk!

3:33 PM  
Blogger dorotha said...

i always looks surly.

and i probably contributed to JJ's surliness since i kept conspiring to have her stand next to the girl in the same dress.

and, damn, everyone should have a dessert bar.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home