Thursday, June 08, 2006

Philly phun

Musical and other kinds of smartie pants-es,

Joshie and I are having a little party on Friday night. It's Philly themed. I am trying to come up with a coolio playlist, but I'm looking for suggestions. I mean, I know there's The Roots, Will Smith and/or Jazzy Jeff, Jill Scott, Musiq, Patti Labelle, Teddy Pendergrass (though for the life of me I can't think of a song by him). Any other ideas?

Also, if you were going to go to a party as a hipster, what would you wear?

Much obliged!

BTW, I am SO EXCITED to be seeing you next week in Madison!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boyz 2 Men?

-Greg

10:19 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

The best Teddy song is "Love TKO," but he also sang lead for Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, so that's his voice on "If You Don't Know Me By Now" and stuff.

When I think of Philly, I think of Soul Train - the theme song is MFSB by TSOP (The Sound of Philadelphia). Philly soul is it's own genre! The Spinners, the O'Jays, The Delfonics, the Stylistics. Remember "Me & Mrs. Jones?" Billy Paul's also from Philly.

That's all I got for now. Good luck!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

I knew you guys would be amazingly helpful! Thanks so much! Boyz II Men is totally on my playlist (a little "Motownphilly," of course. And I thought I had downloaded that TSOP song but apparently I didn't. Will do now. And holy crap, I need that Me & Mrs Jones song!

RWS, I will be in Madison from June 15th to June 21st. YES. We MUST karaoke. I am not sure when Jeremy leaves, but hopefully we can arrange it. I think my flight gets in on Thurs in the afternoon (fingers crossed).

7:40 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

Please, any day but Friday! I have an out-of-town wedding Saturday morning, so I wouldn't be able to come. Can we do it Thursday?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Thursday works for me! And, yes, Gwen is coming to visit around the same time too, though I don't know exactly when she arrives.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home