Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Back on the face of the earth

I know. I haven't posted in quite a while. I've been busy. We're all busy, I guess. I just haven't had the energy to catch you up on everything, so I waited and waited and that made it worse.

So now I'm back. You know why? B/c I MUST complain! I must rant. I must whine. And this poor blog is my favorite place to do that. So here goes...

I am still doing work for Gary-related folk. The final part of all of this crap: creating another monthly event history file with living arrangment information for the NLSY97 youth from birth to 2003. Only I'm not really doing the work for them. I'm sort of paralyzed. I don't think I can do it. I'm really not that good at SAS. Last time it was less complicated and Tara still basically wrote part (most?) of the program for me. And the parts of it that I think I can do are going to be so incredibly tedious that I can't seem to motivate myself to do it. I want to quit. I just want to apologize for not being able to do it and for being such a spazz that I've sort of stalled out and have nothing for them - other than lists and lists of variables that might possibly help them do what they want to do. But then I feel guilty. I should be a harder worker. I should figure this stuff out. I think about my dad and how he kicked his own ass every day fpr 35+ years at a job he didn't really enjoy. Why can't I be more like him?

A quick run-down on everything else: Joshie is offically a NY and Mass lawyer - sworn in and everything. A Phillies game was fun for the first time in...forever. I managed to keep Passover pretty well and my cute mom made the effort to create an Easter menu that would work for us Passover people. I also learned that I have a LONG way to go when it comes to hosting people for holiday meals. I was spazztastic with just two people coming over for the 2nd Seder. What else? We are moving up the street (literally, 5 blocks) on Memorial Day. Argh. And then, of course, we're moving again in August. Who doesn't love moving?! In the meantime, about 6 different groups of people a day are coming in to my apt to look at it. If someone doesn't take it soon, I'm going to freak! I can't take any more questions about the neighborhood safety, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home