Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ugh

Poor Eli is sick. He has been feverish the past 2 days. How awesome that his first real bout with a fever comes at the time of an international health crisis! I don't really think it's swine flu, but it's not fun anyway. We did actually go to the doctor, and there's no infection that they can see. It just appears to be a virus. Other awesome parts of this illness:

1. We are set to fly to Florida for a wedding tomorrow. Awesomely awesome! We will have him thoroughly drugged up. Wish I could be drugged up too.

2. We are not getting enough sleep. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Not in a row.

3. Of the two things I've been told to do to take care of him, I can't get him to do one of them: drink. The kid just won't drink anything - not plain water, not apple juice, not pear juice, not gatorade. He will nurse though...so all of the advances in weaning are out the window. Blergh.

Here he is on a happier day:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma screamed bloody murder all weekend, but the doctor said there was nothing we could really do. On Tuesday I went back because she was SO sad and scored some amoxycillin. Honestly, I don't like drugs but I just wanted to give her something to take the pain away. She was improving and we had to put her in day care today due to urgent crappy work stuff. Now I've gotten a call that she . . . drum roll please . . . has a rash and may be allergic to the drug. Hurrah! And I can't be there to pick her up because of stupid work, but Daddy is on his way to get her.
Hang in there, Eli and Mommy! We'll be thinking of you.

12:37 PM  
Blogger AK said...

We've had more than our share of fevers this winter so, as an expert, I strongly support your decision to nurse Eli while he is sick. It is really the only thing that helps. That and Tylenol, and tepid (but not cold) baths.

By the way, we are dealing with a croupy cough right now, so I'm also on the four non-consecutive sleep schedule... Oh joys of parenthood.

Hang in there. The virus will pass soon.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home