Friday, January 20, 2006

Pandora bandwagon

Ok. So I am slow in trying out Pandora even though everyone has been ranting about it. And at first, I wasn't so sure about it. It was playing some crap. I tried to get a Madonna station going and they refused to play anything but Madonna ballads and I am sorry but other than "Crazy for You" and "Oh Father" (but OMG, I LOVE "Oh Father"!!), and of course they didn't even play either of those, I'm not so into Madonna ballads. "This used to be my playground"? Puke! "Take a bow"? Ick! But I now have found the love. And it's my station based on Postal Service which is providing lots of 80s new wave/electronica stuff plus some new stuff that sounds like that. I love it! Also the Kanye West station was pretty good too. Whatever. Just try to make fun of Kanye!

Anyway, all of this has me thinking about...you guessed it: karaoke! So while I do not have the guts to bust out a little Kanye "Jesus Walks" or anything next time (which, btw, should be between Feb 1 and 7 so let's get talking about it!), I've got a running list with some good ones for me or others: Hall & Oates "I can't go for that (No can do)" - I think that came as a result of my Wham! station. Love it, and it's on itunes "guilty pleasures" list. Whatever! I am not ashamed! Kim Wilde anything: R-w-S, I think you have dibs since you've done Kim Wilde in the past and it was awesomely awesome. Nu Shooz "I can't wait." More Human League. Or Depeche Mode. And Wham! And even though this has not played on my Pandora radio, I have a new found love of "Hollaback girl". I know. But I love it. So shut up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard "Africa" by Toto on the radio today and felt a deep longing for karaoke.

Here's some stuff I've been thinking about:
C&C Music Factory: Gonna Make You Sweat. Dude! It's so cheesy, yet something tells me I have to do it. Who will be the Martha Wash to my ponytail-guy??

The Cars: Drive. I'll only do it if the mood strikes me b/c it's so incredibly slow. RIP Ben Orr.

War: Why Can't We Be Friends? I think they actually might have this in the books. In the great tradition of "Give it away," it's incredibly repetitive, but it might be worth it.

David Bowie. I don't know what Bowie they have at the Kid, but I can't believe he's never been done.

George Harrison: I've got my mind set on you. Not his finest musical moment, but one of my personal faves.

The Judds: anything! Carey, you and I are singing a Judds duet!!

-JJ

1:25 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

While I'm not sure I would have the guts for "Jesus Walks," either, I used to do a disconcertingly good "Diamonds from Sierra Leone" while jogging. One more reason to resume jogging, I suppose.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Oh, I'm all about Jesus Walks. I'll do it.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I would love to do "Slow Jams" by Kanye, Jaime Foxx, and Twista. "I'm gon' play this Vandross/You gon' take your pants off...." Pure genius!!
JJ

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home