Friday, January 13, 2006

How do you get motivated when...

it's Friday at 4:30pm?

you're supposed to be doing work for people you've only ever met once?
they haven't responded to your emails in, oh, 2 months?
these emails contained actual questions requiring answers to complete at least some of the work you're supposed to do for them, though Lord knows there's plenty of additional stuff you can be doing?
you know eventually they're going to send you a spazzy email asking why the work's not done? (I guess that should be motivating, but it just makes me mad instead.)

you want to continue your project of making flashcards about Judaism? (That's right. I'm making flashcards. What can't you do with flashcards?)

it's going to be Shabbat in about an hour...and maybe you should try to start keeping that a little better?

you're feeling slightly anxious about telling your parents the big news tomorrow? (And I know you know what I'm talking about, and it's NOT about babies!)

Update: Actually, according to the synagogue schedule, Shabbat started at 4:39 pm. Whoops. And even worse...I'm currently doing laundry. How's that for work?

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

I had a dream last night that I was driving from Utah to Detroit, but somehow Philly was on the way, so I stopped to see you. It was a Friday, so you told me you could only hang out for an hour because shabbat was starting. And THEN you said that because of shabbat, you can no longer shop on Saturdays...NOT EVEN AT CLAIRE'S. I was devastated.

How did telling your parents go?

2:41 PM  
Blogger AK said...

Waah, I don't know what you're talking about and I feel out of the loop. Include me! What do you have to tell your parents? Are you finally coming out of the closet?

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home