Friday, November 18, 2005

It's official: We're moving to DC

I know I've been saying we're probably going to be in DC next year for a long time now, but as of yesterday afternoon, it is official. Joshie got and accepted an offer from a law firm in DC. So the year of Philadelphia phreedom* is definitely comineg to a close next summer. It actually makes me a little bit sad. I mean, I still don't really have any friends here. There are 4 women I hang out with on occasion (I have a synagogue date with one of them tonight). I already know more people in the DC area and am way closer to them (or once was). But DC feels so sterile or something compared to the Philly phunk (which can actually be pretty nasty at times, but at least it's got phlavor, you know).

Soon saying goodbye to this:



Or really this (my neighborhood):



(Yes! It's that sparkly!)

I guess I shouldn't get attached to anywhere, really. The plan is to be on the job market next year and with my luck...Who knows where we'll end up? Puke, puke, puke.

*I'm sorry. But I like the "ph" business okay. It's all I got.

6 Comments:

Blogger nina said...

Oh, congrats! Hey, a karaoke nut I know (my S.) is moving to DC to begin work at a law firm next winter. She's excited -- loves the place. Where is Josh at? Anyway, find a singing bar -- she'll be there at a snap.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Constance said...

Wow a week of good news for Joshie! When do you move?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Josh'll be at Williams and Connelly. What about your "S.", Nina? We'll have to arrange some karaoke-ing!

We won't be moving until summer 2006. I am guessing August-ish. So not really soon, but not really far away either!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Oh my gosh, so much news! Congratulations on everything!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats to Joshie on the new job and passing the bar. He's such a smarty pants!

I'm psyched that you'll be in DC! I can visit bro, sis-in-law, niece, and you guys in the same trip!
-JJ

6:19 PM  
Blogger AK said...

WOOO!!! Congratulations to Josh and congratulations to you for marrying such a smarty. I'm really happy for you both. DC will be cool, I'm sure. And who knows, maybe you will find a job there, too. It could happen.

So excited for you!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home