Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Social life

So my date on Fri night was really good. We saw "In her shoes." Whatever. I totally like it. And I loved all the Philly site spotting in the movie. I am willing to take anyone of the "In her shoes" restaurant tour! Especially if you're paying! After the movie, we got dinner at a restaurant named Pumpkin. Dinner was at 9:45! I am so city!! And we had fun. And we both called it a date (meanwhile, Josh and her husband were out playing poker with some other friends). And afterwards we went to her new house (not far from my place) and she gave me a tour and we made out on the couch. Ok. Maybe we didn't, but it was the platonic equivalent to that, I'm sure.

The rest of the weekend was taken up with Josh family stuff. His grandma, a refugee from Wilma (or her power was to be out pretty much indefinitely, they said, but I think it's back on now), was in town, so we went to his parents' house for a visit. She kept asking me why it was taking so long to get my Ph.D. Isn't that the best? I love that one. I managed not to spazz out too much, but, jeesh, why does someone feel the need to ask that multiple times? And then, when I respond, It's a lot of work, etc., etc., why does she feel the need to say, Well, it sure does seem like a really long time whatever it is that you're doing. Yes. It's long. I wish it weren't so long. Do you want to do it for me? Please?

Sunday was a trip with Josh's fam to DC for his cousin's engagement party. Fun in the middle back seat of the car for 5+ hours. Whoopie! There were more questions about what I'm doing and why it's taking so long at the party. There was also a woman who told Josh that her daughter HATED where he's going to work next year. Great, thinks Josh. Thanks. And now the daughter's not at a firm but at some children's law center something or other. Sounded interesting, wed said. She responded, She HATES it. Great. Blech.

So that's the news from me. Oh, and I have to add one thing to people's list of bad songs: MC Hammer's "Pray." It's the worst use of a sample ever. I mean, how is it possible to make "When doves cry" into a bad song? But somehow Hammer does it. Horrible.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo!!!

How about El deBarge's "Who's Johnny?"

that song is terrible! My sister put it on a mix CD for me recently as a joke. a bad bad joke.

-tlb

9:50 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Number 5 is alive! I think that's awesomely bad!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home