Wednesday, October 19, 2005

You're expecting me to say something about karaoke, aren't you?

You know, I had a fabulous time there. Really, I did. But when it comes to describing the night, I can't make it sound like as fun as it was. There were a few sad things though. Very sad: Ang was not really down with the singing due to her phlegm-y-ness. Though she still did an amazing job when she did sing. Also sad: Jeremy was not there. But my flight issues due to the rain in Philly certainly proved that he would have had much less fun on his way to Madison than me (since the old rain was actually WAY worse North of here). Also sad: Rhymes-with-Scrabble did not get a chance to sing "Ode to Billy Joe." I miss it. I'd download it on iTunes, but I miss it Rhymes-with-Scrabble style.

But what about the fun of which I speak? One highlight of the evening: the robotronics of Prof. Craig, who may or may not have been almost giving a semi-pre-job-talk talk the day after karaoke-ing. What? I don't know. But if you missed his robot-ing/poppin' and lockin', you missed out!

Also awesomely awesome: Greg sang Ghostbusters! It was really, really great. Seriously. Ray Parker, Jr., would have been proud! (How many commas did I need there, really?)

The new first years made us proud and promise a sparkling Sconnie Sociology karaoke future.

Jeff, as always, was stellar. Does he really not know how awesomely awesome he is? He is totally magnetic on stage. Believe it, already! Jeesh! I mean, people have paid attention to my Shaki before, but not like on Monday night. It was all you.

There was back to back Bon Jovi. And Dorotha and I got to relive our fist-pumping days of yesteryear. My throat is still paying for that one.

Ummm...what else?

People bought me drinks and songs.

Jessie J was very sparkly in outfit and performance.

Jenna found her dress that she had lost.

Connie's boobs were mesmerizing. As were Rhymes-with-Scrabble's of course!

I translated "negar" as "to negate" (when...jeesh, what was his name? was singing. We talked...his wife lives in Tejas...I can't remember). Close when you're translating on the fly. But Jeff made fun of me anyway.

We finally did Milkshake. Thank God, Tiffany was there to help with that!

See, I can't do it justice! Help me out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Israel?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Der! Yes! You'd think I'd remember that one!

8:23 PM  
Blogger the goat said...

you gals got up there and sang the Moulin Rouge song...

It made me tingle...teehee.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say a special thanks to Ang for making my very first Pat Benetar performance possible.

I also have to take credit for making Greg sing "Ghostbusters." Not that it took much convincing. And the performance was awesomely awesome.

Oh yeah, and we must find a way to convince the hiring committee to include mad poppin-n-lockin skillz in their hiring criteria. Look out D'Quon!!

One more thing...why do I know all the words to the Golden Girls theme song when I've never even watched an episode of Golden Girls? I swear! I haven't!
Jessie J.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home