Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I love QVC.


So, I have a weird addiction. It's QVC. I haven't ever bought anything from it, but I am fascinated by it (and, really, it's only a matter of time before I do purchase something - although I have managed to resist in...oh the past 15 years that I have been watching it). It was a habit that started in 6th grade b/c a friend of mine, Genevieve, used to watch it. I don't know why, but I love to watch the various items in full display. Especially jewelry. I love the sparkling bracelets on the models or on the display thingies. And my VERY FAVORITE part is when they MEASURE things! I want a QVC ruler of my own to measure how big some of my earrings are! BIG, I can tell you. And you already know. But what about each individual element that makes up these earrings. They'd tell you that, you know, if it were on QVC.

And the people who host the "shows"! They are SO GREAT. I mean they are annoying and ridiculous, but SO GREAT. How do they manage to talk for HOURS about these various more or less craptacular products (actually, they're not all craptacular)? I want to be one of them. And the QVC studios are in West Chester, PA!!! Not too far from here... I will have to start wearing more makeup and work on my nails (only the handsomest hands can show the fine products).

I did manage to get over the addiction for a number of years (no cable, really). But now...it's back and stronger than ever. I'd really love to have a QVC drinking game party where we take shots for every rule shot. And for every time they show you the attractive packaging. Or every time Lisa (QVC woman Lisa, let's see if this pic works...first ever!) mentions that she was the Pearl Princess back in the day.



Update: I don't want to die quite so much now that TLB walked me through "arrays." (Yes. They deserve scare quotes.) Still much to do before I know I have done them totally correctly. Blech.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Over the years, Careyoke, you have broken down my dislike of many, many things. Because of you, I own Justin Timberlake's solo album. You started me reading women's fashion mags. I'm not even sure how many things in my closet I wouldn't own if it weren't for you.

But I have to draw the line at QVC. I am sure the ruler is fantastic, and I also wonder how a person remains energetic and excited when talking about the crappiest stuff on earth. But my relatives' homes are too filled with horrific stuff they've bought on QVC to allow me to find it funny, even in an ironic way.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

I am sorry you feel that way, Gwennie. I promise not to invite you to the QVC drinking game party.

But OMG! What do your relatives have? Is it Quacker Factory stuff? B/c that stuff is out of control crazy crappy ridiculous.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

My first stepdad's family bought all kinds of shit from QVC. Just weird-ass stuff. Knick-knacks, crappy jewelry, ugly blankets...it was truly horrendous. Not craptacular, just crap.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home