Monday, January 30, 2006

The family goes to NYC.

Holy crap! It was great! It was actually a ton of fun. My parents came to Philly Fri night to pick up Josh and me. We got dinner here first at the awesome brunch place, Sabrina's. Yes, dinner at a brunch place. But they also have dinner stuff. Very good. And brunch stuff all day long like this killer carmelized banana and farmer cheese-stuffed challah French toast. D-lish!

Afterwards we headed toward Trenton to stay in a pretty craptastic Holiday Inn. Thankfully, I had earplugs to drown out my mothers snores. I swear, I have found the best earplugs in the world. They make my mom's out-of-control snores seem like soft purring. Josh doesn't do earplugs and didn't sleep fantastically, but, nonetheless, we had a good start to the day and made the early train. So we got to NY and it was cool. Even after two hip replacements, my mom was a walking superstar! We got lunch ...



and then saw Spamalot. It was so frickin' hilarious. I LOVED Hank Azaria and David Hyde Pearce. I am a little sad that there's no more Tim Curry in it. Love that man. But my fave was the guy who played the "I'm not dead yet" guy and the historian and the "princess" trapped in the tower. He was the best!

Look! I'm in Spamalot!



Afterwards we had dinner with my British cousin Mafew who just started grad school at NYU in the fall. Ok. His name is really Mathew and he even now goes by "Mat" but since the bulk of my interactions with him were before we were age 8, it was always pronounced "Mafew" and Mafew he will forever be to me. Here is photographic evidence of his existence.



It was so great and my parents had such a nice time that I think we might even try it again some day. My parents were so cutely thankful to us for making them try something new and different. It was so sweet!

Oh, and congrats to my dad on his last day of work today!!! After over 35 years at Dupont. Jeesh. I cannot even begin to imagine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Constance said...

Wow! Looks like a fun time! Tell Josh he looks great in that red/orange color.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

You guys are so freakin' cute! Happy times. And Joshie DOES look nice in that color.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Thanks, lovies! And, I know! Great sweater on Joshie! It was one of those random buys (holy-crap-I-need-a-sweater!) when we were out of town once, but turned out to be fabulous. Of course, you know who picked it out...and it wasn't Josh. Or his mom.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home