Friday, January 27, 2006

You learn something new every day.

Today: Eddy Grant, the same guy who sings "Electric Avenue," which I always loved (especially the video where he gets up off the chair and just falls into the water! That was always cool but kinda scary to me), sings "Romancing the Stone." You know, from the movie Romancing the Stone. I love you, Pandora!

Yesterday: I know way more about the internet than a lot of people, for example, Josh's Judge who couldn't grasp the concept that one's email address isn't connected to a particular computer and can be checked from multiple locations. Ok, I know that's not impressive of me to know that. But I also know, for sure, that there are many, many people out there who know WAY more about all of this stuff than me. (R-w-S, I am definitely thinking about you here). And any kids I may have will some day be making fun of me like I'm making fun of The Judge and have made fun of my own parents and the in-laws many a time.

Wednesday: that's when I learned about Robert DeNiro's waiting, right?

Tuesday: One can exfoliate their hair. Did you know that? Well, my colorist told me so. She said she hasn't actually shampooed her head in over a month! Instead, every other day she conditions and really massages her scalp with the conditioner. To me, a month might be excessive, but I may be coming around. I did the conditioning/exfoliation thing the last two days and was in love with my hair. I washed it today even though I didn't really feel like I needed to b/c of timing with my trip, etc.

So, since I already learned my lesson for the day, can I just go back to bed?

Update: Good thing I didn't go back to bed! Today I also learned a new way to save memory while running SAS. Exciting, I know. I also learned about Schlock Rock thanks to an Eraser gal and Dorotha. Expect one of their greatest hits at the Kid on the 2nd! And also learned that Sheena Easton's song is not, in fact, "Sugar Waltz," but is, instead, "Sugar Walls." Oh. Not that that makes any more sense to me. I'm actually a little nervous to look up the lyrics. Prince-related folk tend to be pervy! Ok. I did it. I was right. Ewww! Sugar Waltz was so much more innocent!! Maybe...Anyway, I love that song, and someone should sing that at the Kid. JJ? Ang? Connie? Or did we already try to do that at some point and they don't have it?

5 Comments:

Blogger Belle Reve said...

AND you learned that none of us can marry Kohains.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

I could sing it at the kid, but the lyrics are "Come take a ride inside my sugar walls" which means exactly what you think it means. That may be even too filthy for me.

Aw hell, who am I kidding.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Do it, Ang!!!!

I mean, sing the song, of course.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sugar Walls" was named one of the most "Awesomely Bad Dirty Songs" by VH1. That alone makes it karaoke-worthy. However, it wasn't considered as dirty as other-Prince-protege Vanity's song "Such a pretty mess (all over my dress)". That's just...ick.

OMG...I remember that Romancing the Stone song...and I did in fact know that Eddy Grant sang it. That's probably not something to brag about.
JJ

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My experience is that people with dry hair, especially curly hair, should not use shampoo. There is a book explaining this wisdom and much more called Curly Girl.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home