Friday, June 30, 2006

What's another year?

So, it has come to this. I talked to Gary yesterday about the job market and my future, and...I'm just not ready yet. I SO wanted to be done by next summer. It pains me to add an additional year to this whole grad school process, but I just don't know how in the heck I would finish by next summer. And I would not be looking too great on the job market this fall either. So, I'm aiming to finish after NINE years. Ugh. I am not sure how that's going to go. I hope it makes me feel less stressed (I certainly do feel some relief), but I also know that it means that the ick of not feeling like a productive member of society will continue for an additional year. Maybe I will find some way to deal with that in DC. My mom suggested I be a Walmart greeter. She really meant that maybe I should try to do a few hours of week of something non-thought-provoking/stress-inducing. Probably not gonna happen. The Walmart part, that is. Now if the Container Store (so excited there's one of those in DC!)/Target/Claire's/The Icing needed a greeter...Hmmmm...

P.S. Why does SSCC hate me? I have a buttload of crap to do this morning and I can't connect and their website isn't working either. Argh!

2 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

The race is not to the swift, Careyoke, but to the awesomely awesome.

3:20 PM  
Blogger AK said...

I know it's frustrating to think you'll be in grad school yet another year, but the good news is that you'll be even much more awesomely awesome next fall. And we can go through job market hell together!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home