Wednesday, February 15, 2006

First married Valentine's Day

I'm sorry if this makes you want to puke, but, as you are well aware, yesterday was VDay. And I had a Valentine. I actually had two, but I promised to keep one of them secret as per her request. Anyway, as on top of things as I am, I went to buy a card yesterday and found one that seemed to fit my general state of mind lately (forgetful, actually, though maybe incoherent or the opposite of...you know I can't even think of the word and that's exactly what I'm talking about! Maybe eloquent is what I want to say? Whatevs. Though this should make my meeting with the rabbi [you know I just typed "rabbit," whoops!] a hoot.). So I found this card, but then I saw a card "To my husband." Holy crap! I have a husband! I told the woman who rung me up that it was my first married V Day so I had to get the husband card. "And you can every year from now on," she responded. Made it slightly less exciting, but whatevs.

So we celebrated with a yummy, homemade (by me) dinner (baked barley with caramelized onions, shiitake mushrooms, and goat cheese - be impressed!) and wine and then, of course, Olympics-watching b/c someone (Joshie) is OBSESSED! In fact, Joshie might actually be a crazy sports fan if only we lived in some place like Finland where ski jumping is their football. Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home