Monday, March 03, 2008

It's official. I now waddle.

In other news, we discovered that the baby flipped! Yay! So that maybe means no c-section for the moment. We also learned he is seriously gigantic (my belly is measuring 7.5 weeks ahead of where I am!) --- including his junk. Oh Lord.

We had our labor and delivery class this weekend. It was sort of scary but kind of empowering at the same time. Most disturbing to me, however, was the realization that I apparently am the most high-maintenance pregnant woman of all time. The class was from 9am to 6pm --- with an hour break for lunch, lots of pee breaks, and occasional floor sitting/lounging for the breathing exercises --- but I was still so uncomfortable. First, I am definitely the only person to get up and take advantage of every single pee break. Second, my legs were swelling, so I'd sit on the floor for a while or put my legs up on another chair, but no one else ever changed their positions at all. And most of them had their legs crossed. I can't even cross my fricking legs, let alone sit like that all day long! What is with these people? And what is wrong with me? And, no, it's not b/c I was bigger or due sooner or anything. I am just problematic pregnant lady.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

You're cute! And I would have used every pee break, and I'm not even pregnant. I'm just a frequent peer.

8:20 PM  
Blogger AK said...

Hooray for baby getting into the ready position! Do you have an estimate of the baby's weight? Maybe you will go into labor early. As in, any day now!

I totally waddle, too. Mostly because my pelvis hurts when I walk, which I guess is kind of normal but OMG I don't think I can handle two more months of it. And I can't sit comfortably in any position, there is so much strain on my back and pressure on my lungs and stomach. I'm better semi-reclined, but that's not so conducive for working at the computer.

So I guess what I am saying is...I am jealous that your due date is coming up sooner than mine!!! You are on the home stretch! Woo hoo!!

9:24 PM  
Blogger dab said...

I would never have made it through an all day class like that! I move from chair to floor and back multiple times in my 2.5 hour class, plus we get a break half-way through. I think the other women in the class must be the odd ones - certainly not you.

Am I right that the measurement would then put you beyond your due date? Maybe you've got a real over-achiever, and he just doesn't need all that time in the womb!

You're almost there!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Careyoke said...

Yep. I'm basically measuring overdue at the moment. Lordy! And I don't know how I can handle 5-ish more weeks of this! First, there's the physical discomfort, but then there's also the complete and total distraction. There's still so much left to get and do! ACK!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home