Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy (belated) 3 month birthday, Eli!


For his birthday (see pic above of Eli in his birthday suit, RDRR!, with Aunt Tina blocking his bits and pieces - thanks, Aunt Tina, for giving him a bath!), Eli actually gave us a couple of treats:

1. The first middle of the night feedings for a while,
2. An incredibly crabby mood generally (note Eli in full red-faced screaming mode below*),
3. Lots of extra feedings,
4. 20 minutes non-stop SCREAMING in the car on the way to the grocery store, and
5. Extra laundry due to the most serious diaper blow-out to date, involving poop all over me and our couch.


We gave him:
1. Cow's milk (via breastmilk), b/c I am an idiot and didn't read a food label for the first time since I started this stupid dairy- and soy-free diet (this probably helps explain his incredibly crabby mood),
2. Extra feedings,
3. Lots of hugs accompanied by vacuum cleaner sounds, and
4. A few "what is wrong with you?!"s.

Here's hoping for a good 2nd quarter (and 3rd and 4th quarters) of his first year!


*Why do I keep looking over the top of my glasses like that? It is so annoying!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last pic of him is just too precious :) happy bday,baby eli!!

8:09 PM  
Blogger AK said...

The hysterics continue over here, as well. I'm pretty sure both our kids are going through the 3-month growth spurt, which typically includes all five of the "treats" you listed. I've had to cancel appointments because feedings are so close together, I can't get a moment away. Soooo tired...

I do love the bathtime pic!! Why is it that babies look so darn cute in the bathtub?

11:06 AM  
Blogger dab said...

What fun I have to look forward to! You seem to be handling it all so well. And even when screaming, he is awfully cute.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No dairy or soy? Yikes! Rice milk? Regarding your glasses, I think your glasses are just too small. Need to go back to the 80s, or your family tradition...(huge sunglasses). He is adorable, even when screaming.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, no dairy? No soy? God bless you. I am not ready for motherhood and the sacrifices it requires. I will just look at the cute pics of Eli for now.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home