Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We have the most beautiful boy in the world.

I love him to pieces. All 10 pounds, 8 ounces, and 22 inches of his punctual self, born, via C-section after my water miraculously broke on his due date, Saturday, April 12th. (Also, water breaking is gross. Of course.)

Here is a picture that requires me to do the least amount of work to share with you. I don't think it actually does him justice. He is GORGEOUS.


Also, surgery sucks...but I was able to muster a smile for my little cutie...along with proud papa...



Breastfeeding is hard. I am eternally on the verge or tears. And my boobs are gigantic. Righty in particular is seriously engorged.


I have never been so exhausted in my life and it's only been almost 4 days...of 10:53 am today (though I started writing this post yesterday...so how do they date it? I don't care. It's April 16th to me.).

I miss you all but may never talk to you again b/c I'm going to be busy with baby Eli FOREVER (ok, a little dramatic, but there you have it).

Kisses and hugs to you all!

BTW, sorry if my text messages to you got messed up. I have no idea what the deal was with my inability to correctly text...oh, well, I guess I have been otherwise occupied...

9 Comments:

Blogger dab said...

Yay! Congratulations to all! I am trying not to cry as I sit at my desk in my shared office. I am so thrilled for you all; Eli is a lucky guy.

Best of luck with the breast-feeding and all. I hope your recovery is easy and fast.

Somehow the fact that my pregnancy will also result in an actual baby boy seems a bit more real now. weird.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Gwen said...

This is all so weird! My friends are entering a life stage I can't even really wrap my head around.

And he IS gorgeous! And you look gorgeous in the picture--I can't believe you look that good after surgery!

Were you at home when your water broke? Mom was at a 7-11 when her water broke during her pregnancy with me.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

That's pretty much the awesomest thing ever. Glad you guys are doing well - and yeah, you all look gorgeous!

xoxoxo

10:13 AM  
Blogger AK said...

Oh, amazing! Beautiful baby, beautiful parents. I am so happy for all of you!

Love, love, love...

12:26 PM  
Blogger seven said...

congrats honey!

Both he and you look amazing! The pictures are great. I'm glad everything went so well.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Constance said...

You know I don't necessarily think all babies are cute, but I agree that is a damn cute baby!

I'm so glad you finally posted! I have been thinking about you and NOT emailing or calling or text thing or anything! Leaving you alone has been hard, you are not allowed to never talk to me again.

Besides, I want to know all of the gory details you're willing to share.

Congratulations to both you and Josh!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Constance said...

That is, "texting," not "text thing."

That's voice-recognition technology for you.

Hey, you need voice-recognition technology so you can sit with your baby in your lap and hold him and breast-feed and stuff and still use the computer! Tell Joshie to buy it for you.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Hey all, figured I would post a link here to some video I took of the kid in the hospital. Look what a camera-friendly kid we made!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIfVjcgj_tA

Josh

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both -- so happy for you!! Can't wait to meet Eli at some point.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home