Saturday, April 05, 2008

FORTY-FIVE (45!) CENTIMETERS

Here is the belly in all 45 centimeters of its glory!


Yes, those are (new) stretch marks - I've had stretch marks for as long as I can remember, but now I have new ones to join the old ones. I was never really worried about the whole stretch mark deal as I am not one to expose the belly - other than while it's full of baby. In fact, my belly hasn't seen the light of day since I was about 5 years old (except for that ill-advised monokini summer back in the day...who let me do that?) Also, the belly button is holding strong and refuses to pop out! So no exciting deep belly-button cleaning for me.

Oh, and at my appointment yesterday, we found out I am not dilated AT ALL, and the kid hasn't dropped AT ALL. I think he is VERY comfortable. This one looks like he's holding on for the long haul...

Anyway, thank you so much for the praise yesterday! It's just what I wanted!

4 Comments:

Blogger Constance said...

OMG.

PLEASE tell me that perspective is making your belly look that giant.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

I agree with Connie! I'm frightened! You need to make that baby come out. Do you do lots of squats at the gym?

And you work out more pregnant than I do not-pregnant.

9:08 AM  
Blogger dab said...

Wow. That just can't be comfortable. I really hope the baby heads for the exit soon. You are such a trooper.

BTW - my childbirth instructor (who is also a doula) said to suggest trying the hands & knees position for birth. Apparently it's a good one for big babies.

Hang in there.

8:08 PM  
Blogger AK said...

OMG, that is a big baby. I guess you have a very comfortable womb! Has anyone suggested evening primrose oil? It is supposed to "ripen" the cervix. You can take 1,500 mg per day (in softgel form). I just bought some at the health-food store and I'm going to start taking it daily in the hopes of getting this kid out by 40 weeks.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home