Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...


THUMBSUCKING!

Actually, Eli has found his thumb from time to time in the past (and continues to have problems finding it consistently still), but the truly miraculous thing was that I managed to capture it on film. It just looks so cute!

I am a major proponent of thumb-sucking, much to my dentist father-in-law's dismay (actually, I think it's my mother-in-law who is more opposed to it maybe). Anyway, I don't care if the kid needs braces (ask me again when I get the bill, though). A lot of kids do whether they are thumb suckers or not. I am just happy that he has a way of calming himself that doesn't require my or Josh's fingers or something that can get dropped/lost. Also, I'm happy he gets to know the joys of thumbsucking, one of my most favorite past times from days gone by (though probably fewer days gone by than you'd imagine. I sneaked that thumb of mine for years.)

2 Comments:

Blogger AK said...

Lucky! Aldo sometimes finds his thumb but not consistently. I am really hoping he will, for the same reasons you cite. My fingers could use a break.

11:44 AM  
Blogger dab said...

I swear that I just read somewhere that thumb sucking wasn't the real culprit for tooth problems. The author (who I can't recall at the moment) chalked it up to "tongue thrust," whatever that is.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home