Monday, August 25, 2008

Another one down


So I sent in another application and am hoping to get a few more in this week before we make the big move to DELAWARE on Saturday. I am totally excited to live in Delaware - as is Eli, who is very excited to live near Grannie and Grandpa (see above pic) - but incredibly freaked about the actual move. Some lovely friends have promised to help - and I even have a designated baby-helper - but I foresee this whole thing messing with Eli's Highly Important Nap Schedule (though it's not really consistent enough to call it a schedule - he just needs to sleep pretty much between every feeding or he is a real pisser, see pictorial example of Highly Important Nap below) . Anyway, I think we already have a move MVP. My sister Tina helped us pack ALL DAY yesterday and is coming to help on Saturday too. Thank you, Tina!


Tina also threw us a going away party this weekend. It was a whole lot of fun. It was on the roof of our building, which made it handy for Eli's Highly Important Nap Schedule . Also, I got to see some of my friends who are moms (and moms-to-be) with their babies. This past week has been all about new babies. I had a visit from Ari and his family (see pic below - Ari is 6 weeks and weighs about what Eli did at birth! I can't believe Eli has grown that much!). And then on Sat I was hanging with lots of babies (and buns in th oven) and their parents (and, like a dumbass, I have no photos of it). And it was awesome - especially when the babies all did a simultaneous tummy time. Too cute! Anyway, my friends kept making fun of me for complaining about how Eli is a crazed lunatic b/c he was pretty much an angel the whole time. And I thought to myself, you know, if this is how you're going to make a liar out of me, kid, that is awesome. Do it more!


Also, there was a little 13 month old there for a while who was pretty much exactly Eli's size (he's small for his age). It was so incredibly disconcerting to see an Eli-sized kid walking around
instead of flopping around on the floor (see pic below). Also, he touched Eli on the nose and Eli spazzed (take that, you doubters! - ask Tina for corroboration). But later when Alena (who is 5, right?), who has a baby sister who is just a couple of weeks older than Eli, was petting Eli's hand, he was just fine. Maybe Alena just has mad baby skillz - and a fabulous party dress!


In other news, Eli was a serious pooper yesterday. I think it's b/c I ate nuts. He had 3 major blow-outs. During one of them, he pooped in our bed. Josh tried to hide the third one from me, but I, of course, noticed my child was wearing a different outfit (and Tina noticed the poop on the armpit of Josh's shirt - no idea how it got just on his armpit and nowhere else). No more nuts for me. (Pic below is outfit he pooped in on Saturday - well, pre-full outfit but we had to try on the shorts to make sure they fit and then we thought he kind of looked like a frat guy with the preppy shorts, no shirt, and beer/boob belly so we had to take a picture.)


Ok, I just spent way too long on that, but hopefully you found it as entertaining as I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home