Friday, August 08, 2008

Blergh.

So, you want to know how the Boston trip went? It was horrible. Well, the train rides were horrible. (Actually, I think it was all pretty suck-tacular for Eli. And mostly sucktacular for Josh since he was on baby duty all the time). Eli cried a substantial part of the way up and the way down. I think he cried more intensely on the way up (for about an hour non-stop), but he cried more consistently (ever hour to 1.5 hours or so) on the way down. Breastfeeding was no fun at all on the train, so on the way home we had a couple of bottles ready. At least that made things SLIGHTLY easier for me.

I did have 4 job interviews. Three of four of them went really well. During the last one, I was kind of like a blithering idiot. I was very repetitive/bs-y sounding and actually ended responses to questions with something like, "And that's all I have to say about that." Sorry I stole you line, Forrest Gump. Of course, that job seems really cool...we'll see what happens, I guess!

Since I've been back I've been doing job market stuff in earnest. It scares the pee out of me. I have most of the materials put together, but I am having a heck of a time with my first cover letter. Eli is not helping matters, of course, especially since he's now getting up TWICE a night (with the last feeding usually being followed by some kind of whiny session that pretty much means that there's not much sleep happening after 5am these days). So now I'm REALLY tired and my brain works even less well than it did in Boston. Awesomely awesome.

And the final blerghy thing of the day is that it's Friday, and I was all looking forward to an evening with my Joshie. However, his stupid work has to take over our lives YET AGAIN (though, in reality, I've been REALLY lucky and I know it could be much worse - but I think it has been worse since Eli's arrival), and he won't be home until late. I am single momming it again tonight then. Thank God that we are moving to Delaware soon (except that it means we have some serious packing to do) and this job will be a thing of the past!



Eli is coping by doing Kick and Play until he has a spazz attack. Seriously. The kid plays on that thing until he's whining crazily loudly and almost crying, and then I take it away and he gets REALLY upset. What to do? I guess never let him Kick and Play to begin with, but he likes it so much (and it occupies him for a while so I can get work done)!

And that's all I have to say about that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Good luck with the job market stuff! You'll be a highly sought-after candidate, I'm sure!

7:01 PM  
Blogger AK said...

I'm sorry to hear Eli wasn't such a good traveler. Maybe he was feeling your stressed-about-job-market vibes and howling in sympathy. I am still wildly impressed that you are getting so much work done. You should be very, very proud of yourself.

And don't stress about the one botched interview. I bet it wasn't as bad as you think. And anyway, whose brain wouldn't be fried after three interviews?

Uh oh, now my kid is screaming! Let's talk more soon!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home