Thursday, August 14, 2008

One down...

countless numbers left to go. I just turned in my first job application. Ack. Ack. Ack!

I am too busy to do much of anything else, but here's a very quick update:

- Eli is 4 months old now.

- He weighs 19.5 lbs and measures 28" long. He is fast approaching half my length. Jeesh.

- He is getting much better at sitting up (though he still can't roll over). And he should be a Juicy Couture model.


- He now only likes sucking my/Josh's fingers. It's about the only way to get him to nap (although it takes 15 mins of sucking to get him to go down). He hates pacis and isn't too fond of his own fingers (PLEASE make a liar of me, child!).

- He has discovered his feet.


- He has an awesomely dorky laugh, but today for the first time I got some true giggles out of him. Adorable!

- He likes when I sing the alphabet while doing the letters in sign language (though he still won't smile for the camera).


- He doesn't want me to finish my phd or get a job (see, for example, part about how he won't take a nap without sucking on my fingers).

1 Comments:

Blogger AK said...

Big congrats on sending out the job application!!! Eli will appreciate it someday, I'm sure.

OMG, that first photo is insanely cute! We are in the same boat here with the finger sucking. No paci (we have tried 5 different kinds) and he still can't get the hang of his own fingers. It is a challenge, but at least it pretty reliably puts him to sleep, unlike rocking, singing, bouncing, walking, etc.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home