Thursday, February 23, 2006

Oooh, Tommy

Holy crap. The Who's Tommy (the movie) is on tv right now. I am both entranced and repulsed by it. All of the synthesized-y-ness is just too much to take and yet it is awesomly awesome. And then the imagery in the movie...RIDICULOUS! RIDICULOUS! And I haven't even made it to the part yet where Ann Margaret is rolling around in beans (yes, beans, baked beans, I think) in head-to-toe white mesh. It's like a white mesh onesie. It's out of control.

Ooh...found pictures, pre- and post-beans.





So gross!



And this is reminding me of how, at Greg's wedding, I was somehow reminded of Uncle Ernie, the pedophile uncle who "fiddles about" with Tommy, and asked his mom if Uncle Ernie was the right name. Why? I don't even think I can blame the booze.

Ok...now I think repulsed is the more correct descriptor...

PS: Thanks to the cuties. The slump is slightly less slumpy. I appreciate your support!

1 Comments:

Blogger carly said...

Why can't something be both repulsive *and* entrancing? I personally find that duality somewhat pleasing in Tommy (the movie).

Although Jack Nicholson singing is maybe a little bit too far to the repulsive side.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home